Friday, August 28, 2015

Ensign Ranch

We have been camping at Ensign Ranch (a church-owned facility) a few times, but never with my family.  My parents pulled their trailer all the way up to the PNW to camp with us!!  They had good friends from back home serving their senior mission at Ensign Ranch so it was fun for them to connect.  The weather on Friday was great (but looking so-so on Saturday), so thankfully Trevor took the day off so we could head out and be up there by lunchtime.  I had the kids head straight to the waterslide because I wasn't sure they would be able to enjoy it the next day. 

video


 Cousins started to arrive within an hour and these kids had a blast. 

We also did some horse-back riding that afternoon.  We literally put rocks in Addy's sweatshirt (shhh!) to get her over the minimum weight of 70 pounds.

 She loves, loves horses so I was so glad she was able to go on the trail ride.


The younger kids had parent-led rides around the horse arena. 


Miles wouldn't do it last year, but he was very brave and excited about it this year and did great!



Ivy all snuggled up with plenty of people to hold her. 

Morning hot cocoa in the trailer.  We were glad to be literally right next to my parents (with the tables and chairs in between).


We held a little birthday party for Rylan (pictures next post) in the afternoon that day.  And the kids just mostly roamed around enjoying the freedom and outdoors.  Even with the iffy weather, the kids still played on the waterslide on day 2.  Brrrr.




And the sun peaked out for a bit to warm us up!




Charise was in a cabin just across the road and Addy slept down there with the Apken girls. Sleepover fun! 

 Gwen sure loved Ivy and wanted to hold and love on her one afternoon. She was talking in her own language and just giggling and squealing over the baby. So sweet.  Sure to be such great friends! 

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes