Sunday, November 01, 2015

October Recap

General Conference weekend is always a breath of fresh air.  We enjoyed the days listening to the apostles and our dear prophet and being together as a family.

Addison and I worked on a craft between sessions outside in the gorgeous sunshine.




My met up with my sisters and my mom who was still helping with baby Meg.  We attempted to get a pic of the three babies and this was as close as we got! (Meg, Gwen, Ivy).

This little miss is growing out of her bassinet.  I'm so sad to see this stage ending.  It's been so easy having her right next to my bed. I don't know how I'm going to put her 30 feet away in her own room. 

She's babbling and talking to us all the time now. 

video

We finished up the laundry room.  Here's the before shot. 



And the after.  New subway tile backsplash, painted countertop, new wall paint, and I changed up my laundry organization with new hanging baskets for dirty clothes (most of the dirty clothes are kept in individual rooms in laundry hampers. This is overflow and downstairs items only).  Baskets under counter are now designated by person. So my hope is to sort right out of the dryer. So even if the clothes aren't folded at least they are narrowed down by person and CLEAN.  New lighting (LED flushmount ...huge difference), prints from etsy, plus new rugs....and I'm so happy with this space. 
 And the new Samsung washer with the built in sink...genius. I'm loving all the awesome features of both the washer and dryer. Laundry is a little bit easier now.  Just a tad bit. 




Trevor loves this girly. He just melts into her when he comes home.

Ivy and I joined Miles on his preschool field trip to Maris farms pumpkin patch.




Ivy helping big sis with her homework. She's loving the bumbo seat!
 Itty bitty gold shoes.  Love.

Bedtime story time with dad.  Sticking this in here to remind me that Miles doesn't like to wear PJs.

Diaper mishap.  I had to run into Target like this! Ugh!

Just before Halloween I helped plan a 40th birthday party getaway for my friend, Jen.  We started Friday morning at OPH.  Headed up to Snohomish to a pumpkin patch.  Then back to Seattle to stay overnight by Lake Union. Ate amazing food.  Stayed up way too late.  On Saturday we hit the Freemont troll, Paseo for lunch, a Thriller dance off performance, a haunted house, and a late dinner before heading back home. Super fun (but tiring) weekend. 

Carissa, Vivian, Jen, Kim, Kristen, Me, Laurie, Tash

Little miss Ivy was so good the entire trip!  I was grateful they let her tag along! 



I met my high school BFF, Carmen at Burgerville with her sweet new baby girl!  This is her first baby and my 5th. Our lives have been wildly different since high school, but we've stayed close the entire time.  So, so happy for her!

Winter orchestra concert.  Love the orchestra crew!


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes