This handsome guy turned 7 years old!
His birthday always falls on Labor Day weekend, and we were headed out camping that evening after Trevor got home from work.
Trevor took Ry out for breakfast (he loves that tradition!) and then we saved his presents and cake for when we met up with some cousins and my parents for our last campout of the season.
Of course we got there after dark so we were rushing to do cupcakes and presents, but Ry didn't seem to mind (after all we just had his party a week ago...so tonight made for two days of celebrating).
Rylan is such an important part in our family. He's smack dab in the middle and sometimes joins up with the older kids and sometimes is the leader of the pack with the younger kids.
At age 7:
- He's totally grasped reading. I love how words stop being about individual sounds and become words...he's totally taken off with reading, and it's been so fun to watch.
- Very adventurous and always willing to try new things. Whether it's ifly or ziplines or rollercoasters or knee boarding...he's on board without hesitation.
- He's easily pleased and excited about most everything. He loves activities and outings and celebrations. He loves our family traditions.
- Very active. Plays HARD at recess. Loves sports (basketball, soccer, baseball). Works up a sweat easily and his hair becomes a sweaty, stinky mess.
- Very artistic. He spends time making 'books' and posters and art projects.
- Creative kid that comes up with what to pretend play with Miles. And is pretty much the boss in that duo.
- He talks very. loud. Almost incapable of using a quiet voice, he yells most everything and doesn't even realize it. We are working on it.
- Loves Ivy so much. He dotes and oohs and aaahs over her and thinks he is big enough to carry her around the house. But not quite yet. :/
- King of pouting. Puts his head down and sulks. Working on this too.
- Still in pull-ups at night at age 7 with no sign of that ending soon. Advice welcome! It's been a struggle.
- He's already electronically savvy and controls the Blu-ray player, iPad, iPhones with ease. Not hugely into video games anymore, but occasionally will play Minecraft.
- A night owl to the core. We've tried a million things, but he just wont go to bed before 9:30 or 10. He doesn't fight us in the morning, so we don't push it much now.
- Dancing machine. Ask him to show you his break dancing moves! He can really bust a move. Loves to lip sync (but never sing) songs and make up dances. Super animated performer. I love it!
We just love this kiddo. He's definitely the life of the party and so fun to be around! Cannot believe he is 7!