Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mother Son Dance

The Daddy Daughter dance in our Stake is always a huge success --- so I really wanted to make it happen for the Mothers and Sons.  I have quite a few families in our ward with just boys in their families----so I feel like they have missed out in prior years.  It's a little sting in your heart when you see all those Daddy Daughter pics!  And knowing that my boys adore dancing too, I knew they would be all over a Mother Son dance!  We couldn't get it going at the Stake level, but we were able to pull together with the 2 other wards at our building to plan and host the dance.  Sometimes it's really nice to be the Primary President and be able to actually get these activities going!  Splitting the work up 3 ways, it wasn't really too difficult at all.  


I just love these dapper little dudes!!  
 Easter outfits doubled as dressed up dance outfit.  Boutonnieres and all!  






These boys have my heart...that's for sure!!!


The dance was a huge success!  There were some boys in the age 8-12 range that weren't all too excited about it...but we tried to keep the mood light and fun (hokey pokey, chicken dance, YMCA, etc.). Only did a couple of slow songs.  My boys were sweaty and gross by the end! They are already looking forward to next year.   




0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes